Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups are made with creamy tahini, crispy organic brown rice cereal, and delicious dark chocolate. Perfect as homemade Christmas gifts to give to others or leave as a treat for Santa with milk instead of cookies!
Christmas is this weekend…whaaaaatttt??? Where the heck did the year go? For reals, I’m over here still grieving over the end of summer and I’m not ready for Christmas. Not. Ready. At. All.
The only thing I am ready for are these Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups. Super easy to make, delicious, chocolatey cups filled with organic brown rice cereal and earthy tahini. I ate a ton of them over the weekend. See Santa in the pic below? He’s eyeing those babies and hoping he finds a big plate of these on Christmas Eve, instead of more sugar cookies.
Not that Santa doesn’t like sugar cookies. I left him some Grinch Heart Sugar Cookies last year and I made out like a bandit! He really liked those cookies. This year, I wanted to switch it up a little and leave him some chocolate…
…not just any chocolate though, but a somewhat “healthy” chocolate. I used my favorite baking chocolate, Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels. This stuff is all natural, vegan, gluten free, and Paleo, PLUS it’s some of the best tasting reasonably priced chocolate around. I adore this chocolate almost as much as I adore my husband. Yeah, it’s that good.
I also added some heart healthy tahini in there too. Tahini is loaded with healthy omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and can be used in a variety of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern recipes It’s a paste made from ground hulled sesame seeds and is easily found on grocery store shelves in the ethnic food section.
If you can’t find Tahini, just buy hulled sesame seeds (they will be a light color) and toast him lightly in a dry pan. Let cool, then add them to a food processor to finely grind up while adding a neutral oil (vegetable, canola, etc) until a smooth paste appears. That’s it! Now you have homemade tahini!
Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups make an awesome gift to friends, neighbors, family, Santa, or yourself. Feel free to make them with your favorite type of chocolate..dark, semi, milk, or white…it’s all good and I bet Santa likes it all too!
- 1½ cups all-natural dark chocolate chips or your favorite type (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups organic crispy brown rice cereal
- ⅓ cup organic Tahini (sesame paste)
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave. Once melted, add the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together the brown rice cereal and the tahini. Add this mixture to the chocolate and mix well.
- Take out a mini muffin pan and line with mini baking cup liners. Fill each muffin liner cup with the crispy tahini chocolate mixture, then place in refrigerator to quickly firm up (about 5 minutes). Remove the cups from the pan and place in a covered container. Repeat process with remaining mixture.
- Store chocolate cups in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!