The easiest recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas ever! Tender and flavorful pieces of crispy pork that just melt in your mouth. So easy and effortless you can celebrate Taco Tuesday any day of the week.
It’s Taco Thursday y’all so let’s all celebrate by making some easy carnitas. Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas may be the best taco filling EVER to grace a fresh tortilla. Tender and flavorful pieces of crispy pork that just melt in your mouth. Add simple toppings like fresh chopped cilantro and onions with a touch of salsa and you’ve got some yummy eats!
Y’all are probably thinking…”What’s up with the Taco Thursday? It’s Taco Tuesday that everyone knows and loves”
I hear you. I freakin’ LOVE #tacotuesday and, if you follow my Instagram account, you know how much I partake in the weekly event, BUT…confession time…I like to eat tacos any day of the week, not just on Tuesday.
Yeah, that’s what I said.
Any. Day. Of. The Week.
I don’t care what dang day it is, if I want tacos then Mama gets tacos!
I agree, it’s pretty damn cool having a specific day of the week reserved just for taco eating; however, I predict there will be a major humanitarian crisis in this country if we continue to act like tacos should be eaten only on a day of the week that starts with a “T”.
After all, let’s think about the children…
(a big thanks to Dawn/Girl Heart Food for sending me that kickass meme one Tuesday ?)
So basically this slow cooker pork carnitas recipe is my contribution to society. An easy and delicious way to make a pretty healthy porkalicious filling for all the tacos.
AND it can be made any day of the week! Woooohoooo! Humanitarian crisis adverted. You’re welcome society.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas can be served in tacos, burritos, on salads, in a sandwich, or on their own. There’s all sorts of wonderful things to do with the leftovers too, like nachos (classic ?), hash (with sweet potatoes. YUM!), and my favorite…an omelet with a super melty cheese.
So remember my friends, live every day like it’s taco tuesday…and enjoy ?
Don’t eat pork? Try this taco filling made with beef: Slow Cooker Cholula Shredded Beef Tacos
- 4 pounds of a well marbled boneless pork butt, preferably farm raised & grass-fed
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 cup beer
- 1 whole fresh lime, juiced
- Optional accompaniments: fresh chopped cilantro, diced onions, salsa and guacamole
- Cut the pork into large 4 inch pieces and place them in the bottom of a slow cooker/crock pot. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over the pork pieces and add the minced garlic. Using a spoon or hands, coat the pork with the spices and the garlic . Pour the beer and lime juice all over the seasoned pork. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Remove cooked pork pieces from the slow cooker and place on a large baking sheet. Using two forks, gently pull apart or shred the large pork pieces and spread out across the baking sheet. Place under the preheated broiler until pork turns crispy on one side. Remove and serve immediately.
- To serve: stack 1 or 2 warmed corn tortillas on top of each other, fill with the desired amount of shredded pork and top with favorite accompaniments.
- Enjoy and live every day like it's Taco Tuesday!