Got an Instant Pot? Then all you need is some beef, a little salsa, and an extreme hankering for tacos to make this recipe for Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos. A perfectly delicious, quick and easy dinner for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or any day of the week!
It’s crunch time folks! Only 3 more Taco Tuesdays until Cinco de Mayo!! No worries, I’ve got you covered this week with a super easy, less than 30 minutes, healthy and just downright yummy recipe for Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos 🎯
Tacos are my favorite food group, so there’s not a week that goes by where I don’t eat a big plate of them. Every. Single. Week.
I’m seriously dedicated to my craft (of eating tacos) and damn good at it too! Plus, I’m constantly thinking of new weekly recipes and, since I love my Instant Pot just as much as I love tacos, last week I combined the two and came up with the EASIEST recipe in the whole universe!
Remember when I got an Instant Pot as an early Christmas present? I’ve made numerous meals in my Pot and everything has turned out pretty scrumptious! Okay, except for that one time, where it didn’t turn out quite right, BUT one little tweak later, and all was fine.
Know what’s awesome about this Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos recipe? It’s really hard to screw it up. There are literally only 2 ingredients that go into the pot (and a tiny bit of oil for browning the beef) and the Instant Pot does all the cooking. It’s practically fail-proof.
I used Trader Joe’s Harissa Salsa in this recipe and it made a killer taco. The flavors of roasted red bell peppers and spicy peppers matched up well with the beef…
…and I made it low carb, Paleo, Whole30, and gluten free by using Bibb lettuce as the taco “shells”. Honesty, I didn’t even miss the tortillas. p.s. look for an all-natural, sugar free salsa.
Grab your Pot and a few ingredients and get ready to celebrate #tacoTuesday tonight with these Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos!!
- 1½ pounds chuck roast or sirloin tips, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store bought ( I used Trader Joe's Harissa salsa)
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 to 2 heads of Butter, Boston and/or Bibb lettuces; leaves separated, washed, and dried (can substitute corn or flour tortillas)
- additional accompaniments: pico de gallo, shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh avocado or guacamole
- Place tablespoon of oil in the Instant Pot, turn on saute (high), and brown the beef cubes on all sides. Stir in the salsa. Cover and lock lid in place, then select manual at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When it's finished cooking, wait 10 minutes for Instant Pot to cool down or release pressure manually by taking a hand towel and carefully opening up the steam value on the lid. It is safe to open once all steam has been released.
- Stir the beef mixture. If there is extra liquid, can turn on the sauté (high heat) button and continue stirring mixture until liquid has evaporated. Place beef in lettuce leaves or tortillas and serve immediately with additional accompaniments.