An easy Artichoke Dip Recipe made with marinated artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes. This cold dip takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish and is perfect for any get-together!
Who needs an easy Artichoke Dip Recipe made with only a handful of simple ingredients and takes about 10 minutes from start to finish?
This cold dip will be the hit of any get-together with it's marinated artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, olive oil, and red pepper flakes.
Watch how to make this artichoke dip recipe
Between game day weekends, the holidays, and friends stopping by for impromptu visits, easy appetizers are always a big plus around my house and I'm always on the lookout for a new recipe.
A quick appetizer made with minimal ingredients
This artichoke dip recipe was created when I needed an appetizer one Saturday to munch on while watching college football games.
Unfortunately, my refrigerator was lacking in munchie makin' ingredients, besides some Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Peering into my pantry, I found a bag of pita chips and grabbed a jar of marinated artichokes. It was time to go to work making a quick artichoke cheese dip.
How to make the best artichoke dip
Using marinated artichokes and roasted garlic in this dip really add extra layers of flavor. Don't be daunted by roasting garlic because it's so easy to make. I always use this recipe here as a guideline.
Out of convenience, I roast a couple of heads of garlic at one time and store leftovers in the refrigerator (short term) or freezer (long term).
Whenever I need roasted garlic, it's always ready!
Don't want to roast garlic? No problem! Feel free to substitute regular fresh garlic, that's been mashed to a paste.
The dip will still have the garlic flavor, just lacking a little in the sweet caramelized flavor.
Make this artichoke dip when you need a quick appetizer. Want a hot artichoke dip recipe instead? Try this classic Spinach and Artichoke dip recipe and happy munching!
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, fresh and finely grated
- 2 large cloves roasted garlic (roasting instructions below), mashed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- ¼-1/3 cup olive oil, good quailty
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined. Start with ¼ cup of olive oil and add extra, if needed, to bind it all together.
- Serve immediately with crackers, pita chips, tortilla chips, and/or assorted cut vegetables, or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
How to roast garlic:
- Take a whole head of garlic and gently peel off the outer layers of the skin, leaving the cloves attached. Cut off top of the garlic head to just expose the inside of each clove. Place on a piece of foil and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat the garlic. Wrap up with the foil and roast at 400F/204C degrees for 30-40 minutes, until lightly brown and tender. Remove and let cool. Gently squeeze garlic from their skins into a container (with a tightly covered lid) and cover the garlic with olive oil, then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Dip can be served at room temperature or cold.
- Store leftover dip tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.