Need a unique Christmas gift for the craft beer lovers in your life? Make a homemade craft Beer Advent Calendar and give them a beer once a day for 25 days!
Happy Thirsty Thursday, my friends! If you are a craft beer lover, you are probably wishing someone gave you this big ass box of beer this morning before you went to work.
Well, that was my hubby this AM when I gave him a beer advent calendar and I can tell you he was pretty darn psyched to get it (isn’t a homemade Christmas gift the best!) 25 beers for the next 25 days? Ummm, yasss…
What is An Advent Calendar?
The idea of an advent calendar is to open one gift a day from December 1st to December 25th (aka Christmas) and each gift is numbered by the day.
I really wanted to get this post out earlier but J reads all my posts so I didn’t want to publish it before giving him the present! Unfortunately, I also waited until the last minute to do this project and was a little rushed. It didn’t turn out quite as creative or pretty as I would have liked it.
Have no fear, next time I’ll do a mac daddy one.
J favorite beers are IPAs so most of this present is made up of those; however, he recently became a fan of sours so I threw in about 3 or 4 of those bottles. Of course, I forgot to write down the beers that I included in this advent calendar so guess I’ll have to update the post with each beer J unwraps.
This beer advent calendar isn’t just for Christmas! It would also be ideal as a gift for a beer lover celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or special event.
How to Make A Beer Advent Calendar
This craft beer advent calendar was so easy to put together and took about 30 minutes. I wrapped each beer in a piece of red, dark green, or light green tissue paper, taped up the bottom and any loose ends, then placed a little white sticker on top of each that had the days 1 – 24 written in silver marker.
The 25th beer had to stand out, so I wrapped it in tissue paper, then wrapping paper, then placed two bows on it. Just like a real present on Christmas!
Got a bottle of stout beer? Try this Black Velvet cocktail recipe for the holidays too!
Be as creative as you want and take this DIY craft beer advent calendar to the next level! The craft beer lover in your life will love you for it. Don’t forget to PIN for later!
Easy DIY Craft Beer Advent Calendar
- 25 beers, bottles or cans
- 25 pieces colored tissue paper (I used red, dark green, and light green)
- Christmas themed wrapping paper
- 2 low boxes
- small stickers numbers 1 through 24
- 1 or 2 bows
- Take the two low boxes and wrap the sides with the Christmas paper. Set aside.
- Take a piece of tissue paper and carefully wrap it around a beer. Secure the bottom and any loose sides with tape, fold down the top and place a small sticker on it. Repeat with the renaming 23 beers.
- Wrap the 25th beer in tissue paper and then Christmas wrapping paper, secure with tape, and place one or two bows on the neck.
- Arrange all the beers in the 2 low boxes and give it to your beer sweetie on December 1st!