Need a unique Christmas gift for the craft beer lovers in your life? Learn how to make a DYI Craft Beer Advent Calendar and give them a beer once a day for 25 days!
Happy Thirsty Thursday, my friends! If you are a craft beer lover, you are probably wishing someone gave you this big ass box of beer this morning before you went to work.
Well, that was my hubby this AM when I gave him this beer advent calendar.
I can tell you he was pretty darn psyched to get it (isn't a homemade Christmas gift the best!)
25 beers for the next 25 days? Ummm, yasss...
What is An Advent Calendar?
The idea of an advent calendar is to open one gift a day from December 1st to December 25th (aka Christmas) and each gift is numbered by the day.
I really wanted to get this post out earlier, but J reads all my posts, so I didn't want to publish it before giving him the present!
Unfortunately, I also waited until the last minute to do this project and was a little rushed.
It didn't turn out quite as creative or pretty as I would have liked it.
Have no fear, next time I'll do a mac daddy one.
J favorite beers are IPAs so most of this present is made up of those.
He recently became a fan of sours so I threw in about 3 or 4 of those bottles.
I've included a list of all the beers included in J's advent calendar below for inspiration.
This beer advent calendar isn't just for Christmas! It would also be ideal as a gift for a beer lover celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or special event.
How to Make A DIY Craft Beer Advent Calendar
This DIY craft beer advent calendar was so easy to put together and took about 30 minutes.
Here's how I did it:
- I wrapped each beer in a piece of red, dark green, or light green tissue paper, taped up the bottom and any loose ends.
- Then I placed a little white sticker on top of each that had the days 1 - 24 written in silver marker.
- The 25th beer had to stand out, so I wrapped it in tissue paper, then wrapped it in Christmas paper, and put two bows on it.
Just like a real present on Christmas!
Craft Beers Used in the Beer Calendar
- Uinta Brewing Co Cucumber Farmhouse
- Mooselick Brewery Atmoosphere
- Trouble Brewing After Party Pale Ale
- Sam Adams Rebel RAW Double IPA
- Lawson's Sip of Sunshine IPA
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co Double Jack Double IPA
- Southern Tier Helles Summer
- The Alchemist Heddy Topper
- Candia Road Brewing Company Nepenthe Ales Hop-ful IPA
- Sierra Nevada Estate Hovegram Ale
- The Alchemist Focal Banger
- Allagash Brewing Company Curieux
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co Firestone Opal
- Ommegang Brewery Fleur de Houblon
- Stone Ruination Double IPA
- Stone Brett IPA
- Ommegang Brewery Hennepin Saison Ale
- Uinta Brewing Co Crooked Line Birthday Suit Sour Raspberry Ale
- Foley Brothers Pieces of Eight Double IPA
- Stone IPA
- Maine Beer Company Lunch
- Oskar Blues Brewery Ten FIDY Imperial Stout Hidden Cove Brewing Co Jali Barrel Aged Sour Fruit Ale
- Dogfish Head Brewery 90 Minute IPA
- The Alchemist Crusher
- Foley Brothers Brewing Prospect Double IPA
Got an extra bottle of stout beer? Try this Black Velvet cocktail recipe for the holidays too!
Be as creative as you want and take this DIY craft beer advent calendar to the next level! The craft beer lover in your life will love you for it.
Don't forget to PIN for later!
How to make a DIY Craft Beer Advent Calendar
- 25 beers, bottles or cans
- 25 pieces colored tissue paper (I used red, dark green, and light green)
- Christmas themed wrapping paper
- 2 low boxes
- small stickers numbers 1 through 24
- 1 or 2 bows
- Take the two low boxes and wrap the sides with the Christmas paper. Set aside.
- Take a piece of tissue paper and carefully wrap it around a beer. Secure the bottom and any loose sides with tape, fold down the top and place a small sticker on it. Repeat with the renaming 23 beers.
- Wrap the 25th beer in tissue paper and then Christmas wrapping paper, secure with tape, and place one or two bows on the neck.
- Arrange all the beers in the 2 low boxes and give it to your beer sweetie on December 1st!
I was looking for an ADVENT Calendar for myself because I think it would be so much fun, but... I wasn't sure what to do - Fish every day? LOL! Well, I mean, I only reallyyyyy like salmon, so I would be bummed all the days that it wasn't salmon - LOL!
If I drank, I would be ALL FOR this one!!!
Kathleen | Hapa Nom Nom
I saw this on FB and immediately thought this was the greatest idea since sliced bread! This is such a tease though... I'm going to have to wait until next year to do this #PregnantGirlProblems Either way, thanks for this genius idea!
Jessica @ Citrus Blossom Bliss
My fiance would go WILD if I made this for him! In fact, I feel like it isn't too late to start and just double up today and yesterday's beer. This is a fabulous idea and you are a genius!
Thanks Jessica! I LOVE the doubling up idea and I'm sure your fiance will too. My Hubby is loving unwrapping a beer every day. LOL!
Anu - My Ginger Garlic Kitchen
Wow! This beer advent idea sounds super cool, Karrie. I just love beer and so wish that I could get that pretty box. J is super lucky to get this wonderful gift. Have a wonderful weekend.
Rachelle @ Beer Girl Cooks
I'm with Chey on knowing this was coming and so excited that it turned out way better than I expected! For reasons that should be obvious, I would LOVE to have one of these! And that bottle shop sounds super cool! It's so open and spacious rather than cluttered up and congested the way a lot of them are. And they even have a mascot! J is one lucky dude to get this present!
That is such a neat idea, Karrie! I got my kinder chocolate advent calendar this morning from Loreto (which I love and am so grateful for!) but I would have liked this beer calendar too! I am a beer lover, actually before me Loreto didn't drink beer at all. Now, once in a while, we share one together. I bet J was thrilled! You are great!
Confession: I totally choked on my coffee when T.E.A. loaded and the first thing I saw was "Beer Advent Calendar." I mean... this is almost too much awesome. I know quite a few dudes (and ladies alike) who would LOVE this! Actually, I'm not a beer person, but I would even love this. There's nothing as much fun as the anticipation of a gift, so when you see all of those presents, adorably wrapped and you have to wait to try them, that's serious good times, right there. Plus, when a big ass box of beer is staring you in the face, you get happy. It's just science. Definitely keeping this in mind for the hubs next year (he'll understand if he has to share, probably). Pinning! XOXO
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary
So, I'm super cool and knew about this genius Beer Advent Calendar of yours in advance, and I have to say it came out AWESOME, K!! J is so lucky to have a bomb arse wife like yourself who is full of amazing ideas! I know Boy would go buck nutty over this calendar. Seriously, this is the end all, be all of advent calendars! That beer shop looks rad as well, I can see why you gave them so much praise! Thanks for sharing this idea, chicka!! Pinned! Cheers!
I love beer and I would love to have this box of yummy beer in my house this morning!! J got so lucky!
I love this! Definitely doing this for my boyfriend who is all about Belgian beers :)) thx for such a creative idea!
Thanks Jess and so happy you like it! Belgian beers are my favorite and your boyfriend is going to love this so much! Please try to send a pic of yours too because I'd love to see it
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
This is such a great idea, Karrie! A couple years ago, we purchased a beer advent calendar and ended up with a lot of beers we didn't like (who would have thought, right?), so making your own is such a better idea! Plus, so exciting to try a different beer every day until Christmas....you gotta do what ya gotta do, right ? I feel like such a slack ass now 'cause I didn't make one and now I think I should go today and get on that!! You're making me look bad, lol That Instant Pot...is that a pressure cooker and slow cooker in one? I have a similar one of those things if that's what it is. Awesome post, girly! XOXO