Chocolate lovers rejoice with this decadent chocolate pudding recipe! This easy Boozy Triple Chocolate Pudding takes only 20 minutes to make and has three different kinds of chocolate with a touch of creamy Irish cream liqueur. Can leave out the liqueur for a kid-friendly dessert too!
An easy chocolate pudding recipe with a surprise
What better way to start a Thursday morning than with a Boozy Triple Chocolate Pudding recipe?
Admit it, I had y’all at “Boozy” and “Triple Chocolate”…
I’m celebrating Thirsty Thursday by eating my liquor in this boozy triple chocolate pudding and it’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a dessert. Takes less than 20 minutes to make, contains no eggs, and can be served warm or cold. PLUS, it’s made with chocolate and booze…have I mentioned that already?? Two of my all-time favorite things, combined into one yummy and super easy dessert!
As Fall approaches and the weather becomes cooler, everyone starts craving all things pumpkin. I start craving chocolate and booze. Alright, I always crave chocolate and booze no matter what the season BUT there is one thing I really start craving once the weather turns colder… alcoholic coffee.
A little Irish cream liqueur in a mug of strong Sumatran coffee is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. Last week there was a little chill in the air, so I brewed a cup of strong coffee and poured in a splash (or 2) of some Baileys. added a spoonful of raw cacao powder. As a sipped this rich and creamy coffee, I thought how good it would be in a dessert form, like as an ice cream or mousse. Next thing I know, I’m in the kitchen making this pudding…
Use only the best chocolate for your chocolate recipes
There are 3 types of chocolate in this chocolate pudding recipe: raw cacao powder, semi-sweet chips, and crushed cookies for the top. This is not the time to scrimp on the quality of chocolate. High quality chocolate is everything. Read labels and only buy one with natural flavors and ingredients. Don’t ever accept inferior chocolate because life is way too short for that kind of nonsense.
My go-to chocolate at home is Enjoy Life Chocolate. I always have multiple bags of the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate in chip and chunk forms to use in recipes or to snack on. It’s smooth, creamy and not too sweet. It’s also the cleanest tasting, reasonably priced chocolate around.
Next time you are craving a lusciously rich chocolate dessert, make this Boozy Triple Chocolate Pudding recipe. Served warm or cold, it’s the perfect anytime dessert or treat, full of decadent chocolatey goodness. Feel free to leave out the liqueur if that’s not your thing or for a more kid-friendly pudding.
Boozy Triple Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder or substitute regular cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup demerara sugar or substitute regular white sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup high quality semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chunks (I use Enjoy Life chocolate)
- 1/3 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs , crushed
- In a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, add the cacao powder, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix together the dry ingredients using a wire whisk, then gradually add the milk, whisking well until mixture is fully incorporated and smooth. Continue to whisk the mixture until the pudding thickens and comes to a low boil, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips,Irish cream liqueur, and vanilla extract to the pudding and continue whisking and cooking for another minute or until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and let cool slightly in the pan.
- Divide pudding among 8 small dessert bowls and top each with 1/4 cup of the chocolate cookie crumbs. Can be served warm or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least one hour for chilled pudding.