Cheesy Meatball Sliders make entertaining so easy and are perfect for feeding a crowd! Made with homemade meatballs in a marinara sauce, soft Hawaiian sweet rolls, and two different kinds of Italian cheese. These sliders are sure to become a holiday or game day food favorite.
Sponsored Post: This post is sponsored by Stella®, but all content and comments are honest and entirely my own.
Easy holiday entertaining with a big pan of baked cheesy meatball sliders with Hawaiian sweet rolls
The holidays are fast approaching and that means that entertaining opportunities are right around the corner.
We all love spending time with family and friends but let's face it, the season is already hectic enough with all the shopping and cooking
We all could use a super-easy but super-impressive recipe for those holiday parties or when you are searching for super game day recipes.
How to make meatball sliders
Want to know how to make the best cheesy meatball sliders?
- Use homemade meatballs and marinara sauce
- The softest slider buns you can find
- Select two or three different kinds of cheeses
I used Fontinella (super melty) and Asiago (adds a nice slight sharpness) for the buns' middle layer, then topped the meatballs with mozzarella.
It was cheese and meatball heaven!
Perfect sliders for holiday party or game day food
These sliders are the best finger food for a party or get together with family and friends. Hearty and filling, they satisfy everyone’s craving for meatballs and sauce too!
They also make a pretty darn good lunch (instead of a typical sandwich) and as a dinner entree with a BIG green salad.
Enjoy these easy Cheesy Meatball Sliders with family and friends for your next get together!
Baked Cheesy Meatball Sliders Recipe with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups Stella Cheese Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese , shredded and divided
- ½ cup Stella Cheese Asiago or Parmesan cheese , shredded or shaved
- 1 (12 pack) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 12 (1 inch diameter) cooked meatballs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leafed parsley (optional) , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F/176C degrees and heat through the meatballs in the marinara sauce over medium-low stove temperature.
- Lightly grease with butter a 9x12 baking dish. Separate top bread buns from the bottoms and place the baking pan. Using a cookie cutter or your fingers, cut out 1 inch diameter circle in each top bun. Brush olive oil over the cut top of the bottom bread bun, then sprinkle with garlic power. Evenly distribute ½ cup of Stella Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese and the ½ cup of Asiago or Parmesan cheese over the top. Place dabs of the marinara sauce (about ½ cup) across top of cheese and top with the bread bun top layer.
- Place one meatball in each hole of the bun and can dab each with a little extra marinara, if desired. Evenly top with the remaining 1 ½ cups of Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese.
- Cover top loosely with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 12 minutes, or until cheese is all melted and insides are heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately!