Holiday entertaining is so easy with Cheesy Meatball Sliders! Made with homemade meatballs in a marinara sauce, soft Hawaiian sweet rolls, and two different kinds of Italian cheese, these sliders are sure to become a holiday favorite.
Sponsored Post: This post is sponsored by Stella®, but all content and comments are honest and entirely my own.
The holidays are fast approaching and that means that entertaining opportunities are right around the corner. We all love spending time with family and friends but let’s face it, the season is already hectic enough with all the shopping and cooking, so we all could use a super-easy but super-impressive recipe for those holiday get-togethers. Whether it’s your turn to bring a new appetizer to Aunt Betty’s for Thanksgiving or you want to make splash at the office party, this recipe has you covered.
To celebrate the holiday season, Stella® is hosting the “Taste of Authenticity” Recipe Contest beginning November 1st through January 12th, 2018. Create your best Italian-inspired recipe with Stella cheeses and enter it here to win $3,000!
Baked Cheesy Meatball Sliders with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Want to know how to make the best cheesy meatball sliders? Use homemade meatballs and marinara sauce , the softest slider buns you can find, and two or three different kinds of Stella cheeses. I used Fontinella (super melty) and Asiago (adds a nice slight sharpness) for the buns’ middle layer, then topped the meatballs with mozzarella. It was cheese and meatball heaven!
PIN this recipe for later and enjoy these easy Cheesy Meatball Sliders with family and friends this holiday season. Visit Stella Cheese on Pinterest for even more recipe ideas and don’t forget to enter the Stella® Taste of Authenticity Recipe contest and submit your own original recipe for a chance to win $3,000!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups Stella Cheese Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup Stella Cheese Asiago or Parmesan cheese, shredded or shaved
- 1 (12 pack) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 12 (1 inch diameter) meatballs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leafed parsley, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and heat through the meatballs in the marinara sauce over medium-low stove temperature.
- Lightly grease with butter a 9x12 baking dish. Separate top bread buns from the bottoms and place the baking pan. Using a cookie cutter or your fingers, cut out 1 inch diameter circle in each top bun. Brush olive oil over the cut top of the bottom bread bun, then sprinkle with garlic power. Evenly distribute ½ cup of Stella Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese and the ½ cup of Asiago or Parmesan cheese over the top. Place dabs of the marinara sauce (about ½ cup) across top of cheese and top with the bread bun top layer.
- Place one meatball in each hole of the bun and can dab each with a little extra marinara, if desired. Evenly top with the remaining 1½ cups of Mozzarella or Fontinella cheese.
- Cover top loosely with aluminum foil for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is all melted and insides are heated through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately!