Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups are made with creamy sesame tahini, crispy organic brown rice cereal, and delicious dark chocolate. Perfect as homemade Christmas gifts to give to others or leave as a treat for Santa with milk instead of cookies!
The only thing I am ready for are these Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups. Super easy to make, delicious, chocolatey cups filled with organic brown rice cereal and earthy tahini.
I ate a ton of them over the weekend. See Santa in the pic below? He's eyeing those babies and hoping he finds a big plate of these on Christmas Eve, instead of more sugar cookies.
Not that Santa doesn't like sugar cookies. I left him some Grinch Heart Sugar Cookies last year and I made out like a bandit! This year, I wanted to switch it up a little and leave him some chocolate.
I didn't use just any chocolate, but a somewhat "healthier" chocolate and my FAVORITE baking chocolate of all time Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips. This chocolate is awesome because it's:
- all natural
- gluten free
PLUS it's some of the best tasting, reasonably priced chocolate around. I adore this chocolate almost as much as I adore my husband. Yeah, it's that good.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is a paste made from lightly toasted ground hulled sesame seeds. It is used a condiment and can also be found in a variety of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern recipes. Loaded with healthy omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, tahini can easily found on grocery store shelves in the ethnic food section or online.
How to make Tahini
Or you can make your own right at home! Just buy hulled sesame seeds (they will be a very light color) and toast him for a few secs in a dry pan. Let cool, then add them to a food processor to finely grind up while adding a neutral oil (vegetable, canola, etc) until it turns into a smooth paste. That's all it takes and now you have homemade tahini! Yay you!!!
Looking for a peanut butter chocolate cups recipe to make an all-natural version of Reese's cups? Check out my 2 ingredient Homemade Peanut Butter Cups recipe.
Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups make an awesome homemade candy gift to friends, neighbors, family, Santa, or yourself and please let me know in the comments how they turned out!
Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups
- 1 ½ cups all-natural dark chocolate chips or your favorite type (I use Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups organic crispy brown rice cereal
- ⅓ cup organic Tahini (sesame paste)
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl and melt over a double boiler or in the microwave. Once melted, add the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together the brown rice cereal and the tahini. Add this mixture to the chocolate and mix well.
- Take out a mini muffin pan and line with mini baking cup liners. Fill each muffin liner cup with the crispy tahini chocolate mixture, then place in refrigerator to quickly firm up (about 5 minutes). Remove the cups from the pan and place in a covered container. Repeat process with remaining mixture.
Recipe Notes & Tips: