This Easy Espinaca Dip is made with freshly shredded Pepper Jack cheese, diced tomatoes and chilies, and fresh baby spinach. Ready in just 20 minutes. Perfect for Taco Tuesday, weekend football game day food, or to snack on anytime!
How to make the best queso recipe
Think of this homemade easy Espinaca Dip as a healthier version of your standard white queso dip.
Okay, the healthy part isn't even remotely true; however, it does have fresh spinach.
Espinaca means spinach in Spanish and what this Espinaca con queso lacks in the healthy department, it makes up for with extreme taste.
The combination of Pepper Jack and cream cheese is the perfect balance between taste and creaminess. While the cool contrast of the tomatoes and chiles make it much more complex than a run-of-the-mill white cheese dip.
A perfect cheese dip recipe for Mexican appetizers
Obviously, I'm posting this Mexican cheese dip as a warm-up for Taco Tuesday tonight.
BUT it's also a great starter for football tailgating parties or game day eats or really any occasion where people want to eat some braggadocious spinach cheese dip!
I know braggadocious isn't used correctly here but it's sounds funny and I've been dying to use it.
Especially with this Taco Tuesday meme...heeheeheehee
What to eat with Espinaca dip
I prefer organic blue corn tortilla chips with my easy spicy espinaca dip. Other dipping options include:
- white or yellow tortilla chips
- pita chips
- toasted baguette rounds
- assorted fresh raw veggies
Like all cheese dip recipes, this one is best served right before you're ready to eat it too.
Looking for more easy dip recipes?
- Try this cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Check out this Spinach Artichoke Dip for another green veggie dip.
- Copycat Trader Joe's Artichoke and Jalapeno Dip is one of my favorites
- This creamy spicy Feta Dip is the most popular dip recipe on TEA!
PIN this Easy Spicy Espinaca Dip to add to your list of Rotel recipes as the perfect starter for any Mexican meal. Enjoy while watching some weekend football games or to just snack on it any day of the week too!
Easy Spicy Espinaca Dip
- 4 cups freshly shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 8 ounces regular cream cheese
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 (10 ounce) can of diced tomatoes and green chiles (like Rol*Tel) , undrained
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach , chopped
- In a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat, combine cheeses, half & half, and Rol*Tel. Cook until mixture melts, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and onion powders with the fresh spinach. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook sauce for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips, crackers, and/or assorted raw vegetables.