The light taste of lemon and ginger with a little bubbly makes this Gingered Limoncello Champagne Cocktail recipe a refreshing drink! The perfect beverage to serve at a brunch, bridal shower, or any type of festive gathering.
This post is sponsored, but all opinions are honest and are my own.
Celebrate Spring with an easy cocktail recipe!
Happy Thirsty Thursday!! I don't know about y'all, but I'm ready to start the weekend early over here. The first day of Spring was just a few days ago but there's still about 8 inches of snow in my yard, so I'd say that calls for a drink on a Thursday!
And who can say "no" to a bubbly champagne drink?
What is Limoncello?
This gingered limoncello beverage recipe is my version of an old-school champagne cocktail. I decided to add limoncello in it because it is enough to make anyone happy and cheerful, no matter what the weather.
Limoncello is an Italian liqueur made from steeping lemon rinds in a mixture of water, sugar, and vodka (or grappa). It is traditionally served chilled, as an after dinner drink.
I like to make limoncello around the holidays, put it in cute bottles, and give it away as gifts. Giada De Laurentiis has one of the easiest and best recipes for this lemon liquer and I use all the time. One tip: make sure all the white pith is removed from all the lemon rinds or the limoncello will be bitter.
I LOVE this champagne cocktail recipe because it's:
- fresh and deceptively light tasting
- the addition of the ginger liqueur adds a nice little zing
- fresh lemon juice is a perfect foil to the natural sweetness of the champagne
I plan on serving it at my Easter brunch this year, although I'm probably going to triple the recipe. Because you can never have too much champagne drinks around!
Not that I ever need an excuse to make a champagne drink, but when I was given the opportunity to collaborate on a post with Drizly, an online alcohol delivery service, I jumped at the chance. Basically Drizly works like this:
- you are lounging around at home in your PJs
- you remember you need to visit the liquor store, but you have absolutely no time (or motivation) to run any kind of errand
- grab your smartphone or computer and place an order for beer, wine, liquor, and extras (like mixers, garnishes, and glassware)
- Drizly takes your order and work with your local stores to deliver it all right to your doorstep
- TWO BONUSES!! delivery is in a timely manner (under 60 minutes) and everything at Drizly is at reasonable prices
All the ingredients in this recipe can be ordered at Drizly, from the champagne and the liqueurs to the fresh lemon, and even the ice! No kidding, they deliver ice.
They'll also ship out a gift order to any of your family, friends, favorite food bloggers (aka ME!), etc. I know what I'm getting my Mom for Mother's Day. A big box of liquor. Trust me, she'll love it.
Looking for more fun and easy drink recipes? Try these:
- Wine Slushy
- Blueberry Sunrise Margarita
- Gingered Samurai Martini
- Homemade Margarita Jello Shots
- Raspberry Lime Basil Gin Cocktail
Let's all celebrate spring and Thirsty Thursday with a fresh, lemony, bubbly party drink and this recipe for a Gingered Limoncello Champagne Cocktail. Don't forget to share or PIN it and cheers!!
Refreshing Limoncello Champagne Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces Limoncello liqueur
- 2 ounces Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup ice
- Champagne or sparkling wine , about 2 ½ to 3 cups
- 4 fresh lemon slices
- 4 sugar rimmed cocktail glasses
- Add 2 ounces of Limoncello, 2 ounces of Domaine de Canton, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and ½ cup ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake for 10 seconds, then strain mixture and divide evenly among 4 regular or sugar rimmed glasses. Top off each glass with Champagne and add a lemon slice. Serve immediately.
How to make sugar rimmed glasses:
- Place ½ cup granulated sugar on a plate, moisten the rim of 4 glasses with a lemon wedge, turn each glass upside down and dip into the sugar until all sides of the rim are coated.
Such an original cocktail, I love the color, deliciously vivid and flashy
LIKEWHOA. What an amazing cocktail concept! I love lemon and ginger, and seriously, when is it not a party when there's champagne! Delightful.
Karen (Back Road Journal)
I agree that you can never have too much champagne and this sounds like a cocktail I would enjoy.
Ruby & Cake
The colour in that glass is grogeous! Lady I am craving ten of these right now but guess i shall wait for my girlfriends and the weekend!
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen
OOOHHH NOOOO! You photos have me craving a drink right now and it's only 10:45. In the MORNING! This cocktail sounds so fabulous I'm going to have to try it (at a more appropriate hour). I love limoncello and with ginger it has to be even better!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
Totally laughing at the line about you getting your mother a big box of liquor for mother's day!!! That was seriously too funny I've heard of Drizly from fellow bloggers, but don't think it's around here. Sounds like a pretty sweet service, not having to get ready and go out, especially if the weather is the pits, which it is around here most of the time lately. I don't drink champagne a whole lot...pretty much only at New Years and it's just usually a glass or two. But I'm lovin' this cocktail with the addition of limoncello and ginger. This would definitely make brunch extra special. Plus, the colour is just so freakin' preeeeeeeety! Cheers sweets! Have a fab weekend!
I could go for some alcohol right now. OMG WHAT HAS THAT TEQUILA DONE TO ME! NOW I WANT TO BOOZE IT UP ALL THE TIME! Lmfao!!!!! But yes, I totally need a weekend right now. or a day to stare at the wall. With nooooooooneeeeeee around! hahah! Well except my ridic husband, duh! And I would definitely use a delivery service app on my phone cause this girl AINT GETTING UP! Currently obsessing over Amazon Fresh... Never heard of Drizly... However, now that I am an alcoholic apparently - BRING IT!!!
Beautiful pictures Karrie! This drink is so pretty and swanky! All of my girlfriends would love this so I will make this at my next girls night in. Cheers! Xoxo