The light taste of lemon and ginger with a little bubbly makes this Gingered Limoncello Champagne Cocktail recipe a refreshing drink! The perfect beverage to serve at a brunch, bridal shower, or any type of festive gathering.
A Refreshing Limoncello Champagne Cocktail
Happy Thirsty Thursday!! I don’t know about y’all, but I’m ready to start the weekend early over here. The first day of Spring was just a few days ago but there’s still about 8 inches of snow in my yard, so I’d say that calls for a drink on a Thursday!
And who can say “no” to a bubbly champagne drink?
Celebrate spring with an easy cocktail recipe
This gingered limoncello beverage is my version of an old-school champagne cocktail. It’s enough to make anyone happy and cheerful, no matter what the weather. I LOVE this champagne cocktail recipe because it’s:
- fresh and deceptively light tasting
- the addition of the ginger liqueur adds a nice little zing
- fresh lemon juice is a perfect foil to the natural sweetness of the champagne
I plan on serving it at my Easter brunch this year, although I’m probably going to triple the recipe. Because you can never have too much champagne drinks around!
Not that I ever need an excuse to make a champagne drink, but when I was given the opportunity to collaborate on a post with Drizly, an online alcohol delivery service, I jumped at the chance. Basically Drizly works like this:
- you are lounging around at home in your PJs
- you remember you need to visit the liquor store, but you have absolutely no time (or motivation) to run any kind of errand
- grab your smartphone or computer and place an order for beer, wine, liquor, and extras (like mixers, garnishes, and glassware)
- Drizly takes your order and work with your local stores to deliver it all right to your doorstep
- TWO BONUSES!! delivery is in a timely manner (under 60 minutes) and everything at Drizly is at reasonable prices
All the ingredients in this recipe can be ordered at Drizly, from the champagne and the liqueurs to the fresh lemon, and even the ice! No kidding, they deliver ice.
They’ll also ship out a gift order to any of your family, friends, favorite food bloggers (aka ME!), etc. I know what I’m getting my Mom for Mother’s Day. A big box of liquor. Trust me, she’ll love it.
Let’s all celebrate spring and Thirsty Thursday with a fresh, lemony, bubbly party drink and this Gingered Limoncello Champagne Cocktail. Don’t forget to share or PIN it and cheers!!
The light taste of lemon and ginger with a little bubbly makes this Limoncello Champagne Cocktail recipe a refreshing drink. Perfect to serve at any occasion.
- 2 ounces Limoncello liqueur
- 2 ounces Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- Champagne or sparkling wine , about 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- 4 fresh lemon slices
- 4 sugar rimmed cocktail glasses
- Add Limoncello, Domaine de Canton, lemon juice, and ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake for 10 seconds, then strain mixture and divide evenly among 4 regular or sugar rimmed glasses. Top off each glass with Champagne and add a lemon slice. Serve immediately.
Place 1/2 cup granulated sugar on a plate, moisten the rim of 4 glasses with a lemon wedge, turn each glass upside down and dip into the sugar until all sides of the rim are coated.