Grilled Vegetable Tuna Salad Recipe is made with sustainable albacore, char-grilled veggies, and Israeli couscous. All tossed together in a homemade lemon and fresh herb champagne vinaigrette. Healthy and mayo-free, it’s your new go-to salad all spring and summer long!
Thank you Wild Selections® for sponsoring this tuna salad recipe post. For a more sustainable meal, be sure to check out Wild Selections® premium seafood. It’s always healthy, always Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified, and always delicious!
When I was younger, one of my favorite foods in the whole world was a mayonnaise saturated tuna pasta salad. Now that I’m older, I still like my tuna pasta salad, but with less pasta, more (grilled) veggies, and a tasty lemon herb dressing instead of mayo.
The BEST Tuna Salad Recipe…
A great grilled vegetable recipe
Grilled vegetables are delicious. And super easy. Any chance I get to make them, I do, so I put them in this salad.
It’s such a great make-ahead meal because the flavors actually get better as they sit for a few hours or even overnight. An easy side dish with the lemon vinaigrette marinating the grilled veggies, couscous, and tuna and adds a brighter, bolder flavor. No mayo means it’s one of the best salad recipes to bring to a cookout, BBQ, or picnic too.
So grab the grill and enjoy this Grilled Vegetable Tuna Salad Recipe all spring and summer long! Please let me know in the comments below how you liked it too!
Wild Selections also pays it forward by donating 13 cents from the sale of each can! It goes to the World Wildlife Fund’s efforts on protecting marine life and expanding sustainable fishing practices. Eat your tuna and help give to a charity too!
Grilled Vegetable Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (5 ounces) Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1 cup pearl couscous, uncooked (aka: Israeli couscous)
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1 inch rounds
- 1 small red pepper, seed and ribs removed and cut in half
- 10 asparagus spears, trim tough ends
- 3 green onions, chopped
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (plus a little extra for brushing the veggies to grill)
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons capers (start with 2 tbs and go up to 3 tbs if you want a lot of capers)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Prepare couscous according to package directions and set aside. Prepare the vinaigrette dressing and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the sliced veggies in a large bowl, coat each slice with a little olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables until all sides are charred and tender, about 5-10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board to cool slightly.
- Cut the vegetables into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add the cooked couscous, the dressing, and the chopped green onions and stir well. Add the tuna and lightly toss. Serve immediately or cover and keep refrigerated until ready to eat (up to 2 days)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.