This Black Bean Salsa Recipe is vegan, gluten free, low calorie, and takes only minutes to make. Perfect as a healthy game day appetizer or a snack!
This healthy black bean salsa recipe is loaded with lots of fresh veggies and is great to snack on while watching football or TV or just hanging around. I have a love/hate relationship when the Fall season rolls around here in the Northeast. Love the fact that football is back on (YAY!!), but I really love the changing of the weather and the vibrant colors of the leaves. Raking them is another story.
As I looked out my kitchen window today and saw the back yard completely covered in leaves, I realized something had to be done about it. So I raked today...a lot. The good news is it was a beautiful day. Crisp, clear and a perfect 60 degrees. It was a fantastic way to get some much needed exercise. So, now that I've burned major calories, it's time to make some healthy appetizers!
A bean dip that healthy and easy to make!
Wanting something that didn't take long to make, I pulled out one of my favorite dip recipes for this black bean salsa. I love this recipe because you can make it as a Mexican dip salsa by adding a can of diced tomatoes and chilles (or a cup of Mexican salsa). It's great as a salad/side dish.
Feel free to add as little or as much of the ingredients as you want. If you want more fresh tomatoes or cilantro and less black beans, go for it! Just be sure to add enough acid, such as cider vinegar and/or lime juice, to balance it all out.
It's always good to have a list of easy dip recipes to throw together at the last minute. So add this Black Bean Salsa recipe to your list and make it anytime you want a healthy snack or great game day eats!
Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1 (15oz can) black beans , drained and rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes , chopped
- 1 (10oz can) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- ¼ cup green or red bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 green onions, finely minced (water and green parts)
- 3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or ½ lime)
- 1 tablespoon fresh or pickled jalapenos, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- sea salt, to taste
accompaniments: tortilla chips, pita wedges or chips, crackers, sliced raw vegetables, etc.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 24 hours to let flavors develop.
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Eat as a salad, side dish, or salsa
- Serve with chips, crackers, or cut vegetables