A Homemade Peanut Butter Cups recipe with only 2 ingredients is the perfect all-natural sweet treat. Made in 30 minutes with semi-sweet chocolate and crunchy peanut butter that’s healthier than Reese’s!
This homemade peanut butter cup recipe is so easy to make and delicious to eat, you’ll never buy the store chocolate again!
Delightful little mini treats that are practically guilt-free too! Made in only 30 minutes with all-natural ingredients
A healthy copycat of a Reese’s peanut butter cup recipe!
I LOVED Reese’s peanut butter cups when I was younger. Ate them all the time, until I got older and realized there were way better tasting candy options out there.
By using high quality ingredients in this recipe, these mini chocolate cups are a wonderful healthier version of the popular candy.
They have none of the weird stuff the premade candy has, like PGPR emulsifier, TBHQ, and palm oil, just to name a few.
They are even better after they’ve been sitting around for a few days. The peanut butter filling dries out a bit and ends up having the same taste and texture of a Reese’s cup.
My favorite shelf stable peanut butter is Santa Cruz Organic Dark Roasted Peanut Butter. I really dig the crunchy variety, but I will do the creamy one if that’s the only one available.
Some peanut butter is better than no peanut butter, right?
How to make the BEST chocolate candy
As you can see in the photo above, I like to load up my chocolate cups with lots of crunchy peanut butter.
I like to have a thin layer of the chocolate on the sides, top, and bottom, but you can adjust the quantities to personal preference.
My go-to chocolate is ALWAYS the Enjoy Life brand. This stuff is super clean and is gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, and Paleo.
The chocolate’s ingredient list is very, very short (evaporated cane juice, natural chocolate liquor (non-alcoholic), non-dairy cocoa butter).
These vegan peanut butter cups will fit into any clean eating diet!
Melting chocolate tips
Looking for an easy guide on how to melt chocolate? The brilliant Alice Medrich tells you how right here.
I’ve always followed her way and it’s definitely foolproof every single time.
Want to make crispy chocolate cups instead? Try this recipe of mine for Crispy Tahini Chocolate Cups that’s just as easy as this one!
Leave out the tahini if you want crispy chocolate that is just like Crunch bars, but cleaner.
So make this easy 2 ingredient Homemade Peanut Butter Cups recipe for the perfect no bake dessert and healthy chocolate treat. Make extra to give away as gifts too!
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life chocolate chips: dark and semi-sweet)
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter * , creamy or crunchy (If there is any standing oil on the top of the peanut butter, drain it off & don’t mix it in, so the peanut butter will be thicker)
- 1/4 cup cocktail peanuts , finely chopped
- Line a standard 12-cup mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler or in the microwave (put in a microwave-safe proof bowl and heat at medium heat for 1 minute. Stir, then continue to heat using 30 seconds intervals, until chocolate is almost completely melted). Be careful not to overheat the chocolate because it will burn.
- Using a teaspoon measuring spoon, add 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each muffin cup and use the spoon to lightly coat the sides of the liner. Freeze for about 5 minutes to harden.
- In the meantime, reheat the remaining chocolate for the topping. Remove pan from the freezer and place a small spoonful of the peanut butter into each chocolate cup. Top each with a layer of the melted chocolate, then sprinkle with the chopped nuts. Can leave out at room temperature or freeze again for 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Repeat process with remaining chocolate and peanut butter. Store at room temperature for up 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.