Instant Pot Salsa Verde Turkey and Beans is an easy, healthy, and economical meal made with turkey tenderloins and dried white beans. Put dinner on the table in only 40 minutes!
Easy Instant Pot Salsa Verde Turkey and Beans
This healthy instant pot recipe is so simple and easy to make, more time is spent making the turkey spice rub than anything else!
Since becoming the proud owner of an Instant Pot, I’ve cooked a full 5 course meal in less than 15 minutes.
That may be a slight exaggeration, but if you own an instant pot, you know what I’m talking about when it comes to making fast meals.
Fast, healthy, and easy on the checkbook is always a win-win in my household.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I own the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W and I absolutely love it!
It was an early Christmas present and I have been cooking everything in it from lamb to fresh artichokes.
The Instant Pot is a multi-cooker that is a combination slow cooker/pressure cooker/sauté pan/steamer/warmer/rice cooker/yogurt maker.
It’s basically a cooking wonder that makes meal time pretty much effortless and cooks the food in a fraction of the normal time.
For added convenience, there’s a bunch of pre-set buttons, like “soup” and “chili” and “poultry”. Just put whatever you want in the pot, add some seasonings, and hit a button!
There’s also a manual button available if the right pre-set button isn’t available.
This cute little pot is a serious energy efficient green machine too, as it uses 70% less energy to cook! Freakin’ nonstop winning over here. By the way, this is NOT a sponsored post, I am just so in love with my pot and want everyone to know.
One of my favorite features is the slow cooker option, but this isn’t like any old crock pot. With the IP, just throw in all the ingredients in the morning, lock the lid, and select the “slow cook” button.
Go about your day and, when you come home at night, your meal is perfectly cooked and kept warm until the lid is opened.
If there’s extra liquid in the pot, just press the sauté button and reduce it to a thick sauce. Can’t do that in a crock pot!
Of course, during the two months I’ve owned this magic pot, I’ve made lots of Mexican type dishes. Like these 2 ingredient Instant Pot shredded beef tacos almost every #tacotuesday.
This salsa verde turkey and beans recipe came about one night when the family wanted Mexican and I had less than an hour to make dinner.
I rubbed 2 turkey tenderloins with a homemade spice mixture, then placed them on top of a half pound of rinsed dried small white beans and a sliced whole onion.
I added some chicken broth and a little leftover salsa verde, then put the lid on, pressed a button, and BOOM! 40 minutes later, dinner is done.
The turkey tenderloins were juicy and the white beans were tender. It’s a beautiful thing, especially when you don’t feel like cooking or even have anything planned.
This pot is a procrastinator’s dream.
Get on board the fast and healthy cooking train with this Instant Pot Salsa Verde Turkey and Beans. Then enjoy all the extra free time on your hands that you aren’t spending in the kitchen!
Instant Pot Salsa Verde Turkey and Beans
- 2 turkey tenderloins , about 1.5 pounds total weight, organic and antibiotic free preferred
For the dry rub:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound washed dried small white beans, sorted and picked through
- 3 to 4 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth, homemade or store bought
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup salsa verde
optional accompaniments: fresh lime slices, fresh chopped cilantro, Spanish rice, salad, and/or
- Place the turkey tenderloins on a plate and set aside. In a small bowl, make the dry rub by mixing together all the spices & herbs (chili powder through cumin). Rub both tenderloins with the rub and set aside.
- In a 6 quart Instant Pot, place the washed white beans in the bottom and add chicken or vegetable broth to just cover the beans (about 3 to 4 cups).
- Place the sliced onion on top of beans and then add the seasoned turkey tenderloins. Pour the salsa verde over the turkey.
- Cover with the Instant Pot lid; make sure it’s locked and steam value is in the closed position. Select manual button, high pressure, for 40 minutes.
- When finished, wait 10 minutes for Instant Pot to cool down or release pressure manually by taking a hand towel and carefully opening up the steam value on the lid. It is safe to open once all steam has been released.
- Remove the turkey to a cutting board and cut into 1 inch slices. Place all the beans with the onions on a platter and place the sliced turkey on top. Serve with optional accompaniments, if desired.