Don't sacrifice flavor while eating healthy! This Mexican Roasted Broccoli Recipe is a quick and easy side dish that fits into any clean eating diet and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
A Spiced-Up Roasted Broccoli Recipe
This roasted broccoli recipe is a healthy fiesta in my mouth! Since summer is right around the corner, I've been eating super clean and this dish is perfect because it's paleo, Whole30, low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly.
PLUS IT'S VEGAN!!! And totally acceptable for as a Meatless Monday recipe.
I'd say this is the most faultless recipe ever in the history of food, but I can't because it's broccoli. #prezbushwasright.
Jokes aside, I genuinely like broccoli.
It's one of my favorite veggies to oven roast when I have no idea what the heck to serve with dinner.
It also works brilliantly as a healthy side dish when you're trying to get buff for the upcoming bathing suit season (like me!)
A healthy side dish for Taco Tuesday!
Thankfully, the weather in New Hampshire is finally starting to warm up and is showing signs that I'll have to get my arse in some shorts soon, so I've been low carb and lovin' it lately.
The other night I made these tacos and, instead of my standard carby Spanish rice and beans as a side, I served it with this Mexican roasted broccoli. I'm happy to report both my taste buds and waistline were very content.
I added pumpkin seeds, fresh cilantro, and lime slices to my broccoli. The fresh herb and lime juice added another delicious layer of flavor and the pumpkin seeds were a welcoming crunch.
The next day, I made the cold leftovers part of a vegetarian lunch. Serving it on top of a salad with pico de gallo and extra pumpkin seeds.
It was so delish! Who knew leftover broccoli could taste that good?
More Mexican food recipes!
- Mexican Street Corn Potato Salad
- Easy Fish Tacos
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Spicy Espinaca Dip
- Two Ingredient Shredded Beef Tacos
- White Chicken Chili
- Healthy Black Bean Salsa
- Slow Cooker Pork Tomatillo
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Turkey and Beans
- Beef and Chorizo Chili
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easy Pico de Gallo
- Slow Cooker Cholula Beef Tacos
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp
Enjoy this clean eating Mexican roasted broccoli recipe next time you need a quick and easy side dish for a fiesta at home. PIN it for later and enjoy as a part of any weeknight or weekend family dinner. Great when celebrating Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday too!
Mexican Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
optional accompaniments: lime slices, raw or toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh cilantro, favorite hot sauce,
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, all seasonings, and oil. Toss until all pieces are evenly coated, then place mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Put in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
- Remove cooked broccoli to a serving bowl and top with any or all of the optional accompaniments: lime slices, raw or toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh cilantro, favorite hot sauce, and/or pico de gallo. Serve immediately or at room temperature.