Don't sacrifice flavor while eating healthy! This Mexican Roasted Broccoli Recipe is a quick and easy side dish that fits into any clean eating plan and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Roasted Broccoli Recipe
This roasted broccoli recipe is a healthy fiesta in my mouth!
Since summer is right around the corner, I've been eating super clean and this dish is perfect for that!
It's paleo, Whole30, low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly.
PLUS IT'S VEGAN!!! And totally acceptable for as a Meatless Monday recipe.
I'd say this is the most faultless recipe ever in the history of food, but I can't because it's broccoli. #prezbushwasright.
Jokes aside, I genuinely like broccoli.
It's one of my favorite veggies to oven roast when I have no idea what kind of a veggie side to serve with dinner.
I always have a head of broccoli in the refrigerator, so I make A LOT of roasted broccoli!
Ingredients for this healthy side dish
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Ground Cumin
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Cooking Oil
How to make Mexican Spiced Roasted Broccoli
- In a large bowl, put in 12 ounces of broccoli florets.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon each of onion powder and dried oregano, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper to the broccoli
- Put seasoned broccoli on an ungreased baking sheet and place in a preheated 400F/204C oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
Low Carb side dish for Taco Tuesday
This broccoli recipe is such a great option to have as a low carb side dish for a Mexican dinner.
Just the other night for taco Tuesday, I made these shredded beef tacos.
Instead of my standard carb-loaded Spanish rice and beans as a side, I served it with this Mexican broccoli instead.
The fresh cilantro and lime slices added a fresh layer of flavor and the pumpkin seeds were a welcoming crunch.
The next day, I made the cold leftovers part of a vegetarian lunch. Serving it on top of a salad with pico de gallo and extra pumpkin seeds.
It was so delish! Who knew leftover broccoli could taste that good?
More Mexican Food Recipes
- Mexican Street Corn Potato Salad
- Easy Fish Tacos
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Spicy Espinaca Dip
- Two Ingredient Shredded Beef Tacos
- White Chicken Chili
- Healthy Black Bean Salsa
- Slow Cooker Pork Tomatillo
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Turkey and Beans
- Beef and Chorizo Chili
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easy Pico de Gallo
- Slow Cooker Cholula Beef Tacos
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp
Enjoy this clean eating Mexican roasted broccoli recipe next time you need a quick and easy side dish for a fiesta at home.
Great when celebrating Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday too!
Mexican Roasted Broccoli Recipe
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
optional accompaniments: lime slices, raw or toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh cilantro, favorite hot sauce,
- Preheat oven to 400F/204C degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine 12 ounces of broccoli florets, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon each of onion powder and dried oregano, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper. Toss until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Place seasoned broccoli in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Put in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once after 10 minutes.
Optional accompaniments: lime slices, raw or toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh cilantro, favorite hot sauce, and/or pico de gallo.
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Can serve hot or at room temperature.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator . Can be eaten cold or warmed though in the microwave or oven.