Enjoy a healthy, clean eating, gluten-free, and vegan breakfast or dessert with this Easy Chia Seed Pudding! Made with antioxidant rich berries and slightly adapted from a Dr. Mark Hyman recipe.
This healthy superfood and plant based recipe for an easy chia seed pudding is a fantastic way to start the day.
Perfect for when you need a paleo breakfast recipe or are lacking in Keto breakfast ideas.
How to make a healthy and easy chia seed pudding
This mixed berry chia seed pudding is so simple to make, but it does take some planning (12 hours in advance).
Here's how to do it!
- The night before, puree together your favorite mixed berries and coconut milk in a large bowl
- Stir in the chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt
- Tightly cover and place in the refrigerator overnight
- Boom! When you wake up, breakfast will be ready!
What are chia seeds?
Chia seeds are tiny seeds from the salvia hispanica plant (a member of the mint family), dating back to the Pre-Columbian era and were a main food in the Mayan diet.
They are filled with all sorts of vital nutrients, like fiber, protein, antioxidants, calcium, and plant-based omega-3 essential fatty acids.
When combined with a liquid, chia seeds develop a gelatinous texture which makes them easier to digest.
Their thick consistency makes them perfect for all kinds of puddings!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dr. Hyman's version of a chia seed pudding is a little more dense in texture, as opposed to a creamier one.
Whenever I want a creamier pudding, I just add an additional ¼ cup of coconut milk to the recipe.
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas?
- Try this Healthy Ham and Broccoli Egg Bake
- No sugar and no bad stuff is this homemade Paleo Herb Breakfast Sausage
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats are sooooo easy and it's another "made the night before" recipe!
- Paleo Red Flannel Hash is full of fresh beets, yuca, and veggies and is absolute perfection with a poached or lightly fried egg on top
Whether you are on a clean eating plan or just want a gluten free dairy free recipe, hope you try this Mixed Berry Easy Chia Seed Pudding for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Mixed Berry Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups of organic mixed berries , divided
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk (for a creamier texture, add an additional ¼ cup of coconut milk)
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds or your favorite nut , chopped
- Using a stand up or hand blender, blend together 1 cup of the berries and the coconut milk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add the chia seeds, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Pour in the berry coconut mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Tightly cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours to overnight.
- When ready to eat, divide into 4 bowls and top with coconut, hemp seeds, seeds or nuts, and remaining 1 cup of berries.
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- For a creamier texture, add an additional ¼ cup of coconut milk
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 5 days