Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats are a healthy and quick breakfast on-the-go! Made with organic whole oats and coconut milk, it's vegan, dairy free, and gluten free too.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The best chocolate overnight oats recipe
I'm extremely addicted to this chocolate overnight oats recipe. Most every Sunday night, I make a double batch, then I eat a big bowl for breakfast every morning throughout the week.
Oats are a fantastic way to start the day and provide a balanced breakfast. It's a whole grain that's low in calories, yet high in fiber and protein.
Oats are also loaded with important vitamins and minerals, as well as being naturally gluten free!
Plus, this recipe has chocolate in it, and I don't think there's anything better than chocolate for breakfast.
A healthy make ahead breakfast
These peanut butter chocolate overnight oats are an easy weekday breakfast option for so many reasons!
- Great for busy, on-the-go people
- VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, AND DAIRY FREE!
- Made with fiber rich whole oats
- Contains antioxidant happy cacao nibs and chia seeds!
- Plus, it's a fantastic option for people (like me) who can't stomach dairy or eggs first thing in the AM
Even though I primarily eat these overnight oats for breakfast, I've been known to sneak some for an afternoon snack.
I also love them as an after dinner dairy free dessert too.
The cacao nibs soften and taste just like mini chocolate chips (gotta love cacao nibs recipes). YAY CHOCOLATE!!
Combine that with the fact they are healthy and it's pretty easy for me to justify eating these oats any time of the day.
More Simple Breakfast Recipes
- Bran Muffins
- Healthy Ham and Broccoli Egg Bake
- Mixed Berry Chia Seed Pudding
- Chocolate Nut Granola
- Pumpkin Bread
- Corned Beef Hash
Next time you need a quick and easy healthy breakfast, try this Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats recipe. Please let me now below in the comments how you liked them!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can full fat organic coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups raw organic whole oats
optional toppings: cacao nibs or cut up fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together the can of coconut milk, 3 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 tablespoon cacao nibs, 2 teaspoons chia seeds, 1 teaspoon raw honey, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. *If necessary, use a hand mixer to break up solid coconut milk chunks or put the coconut milk in a small bowl and heat up slightly in the microwave to melt the chunks*
- Add the 1 ¼ cup whole oats to the liquid mixture and stir well. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, scoop out desired amount into a bowl and grab a big spoon. Top with extra cacao nibs and/or cut up fresh fruit. Enjoy!
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week
- Mixture will soften and become creamier the longer it sits in the refrigerator
- Can divide mixture into small mason jars or other small containers for individual servings
This sounds and looks so so so goood! PB&C is the best. Also your pictures are so stunning, mmm
OF COURSE you are addicted to these overnight oats. I mean it's PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE - anyone who doesn't love that combo is a weirdo in my mind! ha haha ha ha ha ha!
Cheyanne @ No Spoon Necessary
I LOVE me some overnight oats, but I haven't been able to get Boy hop on board that train. I'm thinking these genius PB&C overnight oats just might be the answer to that little problem! I mean, how could he NOT want chocolate for breakfast?! This is genius, Karrie! I can totally see why you eat this on the regular!! Cheers, girl! xo
Chocolate for breakfast is my thing! I think 6 days out of 7 I have something chocolatey . So this delicious jar of overnight oats is right up my ally. I tried making overnight oats, too, and I have to say, I love it. You have breakfast ready and it tastes so good! The flavors you put in yours are amazing together!!
Kelsie | the itsy-bitsy kitchen
I agree! You can't beat chocolate for breakfast :). Especially when peanut butter is in the mix, too. These sound amazing!
I am not a fan of oats, but this is a recipe I think I will love. I mean chocolate and peanut butter... SOLD!!! These look so pretty. I can trick my family into eating something healthy. xoxo
Anu - My Ginger Garlic Kitchen
Love the fact that you made it with organic oats. I love eating overnight oats. And this combo of Peanut Butter + coconut milk + honey + cacao nibs + chocolate powder is making me drool — deliciousness overloaded. I am in for this Vegan, dairy free, and gluten free morning treat!
Dawn - Girl Heart Food
Overnight oats are a favourite of mine.....well, so is peanut butter....and chocolate. So, these are right up my alley! I could totally see myself eating these as a mid afternoon snack when the little bit of hunger before kicks in (truth b e told, I could always eat, but that's another story). Annnnnywho, love that this is vegan too! Bet some berries would be lovely atop this as well Thanks for another yummy recipe, girlie! XO