This Raspberry Lime Basil Gin Cocktail is bursting with so much flavor from all the natural and fresh ingredients, simple syrup isn’t even needed!
Here’s a tasty and refreshing cocktail that will help chase away those Monday blues. Yes, I’m still on this (beep) sugar detox but I’m eating fruit so this drink is completely acceptable for me to consume. Plus, I’ve had a super busy weekend and slightly stressed out one too, which is more than reason enough to have one of these beauties when I get home later tonight.
Last night, I wanted a light, refreshing, gin based drink. After looking around to see what I had on hand, I came up with organic raspberries and my garden’s basil, which happens to be growing out of control right now and needs to be cut back. Grabbed both of those, some limes and my trusty bottle of Tanqueray no. Ten and I started mixing up them up.
Since I’ve been on the sugar detox, I have eliminated all processed sugars (and some natural ones like honey) from my diet. I originally stopped eating fruit but I stopped that nonsense by day three of the detox. Seriously, a girl can only take so much.
If there’s one thing I have learned from not eating sugar is, I really like sugar. If I’m expected to cut out my daily dark chocolate, the least I could do for myself is eat a little fruit here and there. With a little alcohol.
The wonderful benefit to using super fresh ingredients in this raspberry lime basil gin cocktail is that a simple sugar syrup isn’t needed. The natural sweetness of the raspberries is enough and pairs excellently with the slightly sweet finish of the fresh basil and tartness of the lime juice.
If you like red wine, try my recipe for this fruity Sangria. It’s so perfect on a warm, sunny day.
So cheers to this tasty Raspberry Lime Basil Gin Cocktail. Hope you enjoy it and please let me know in the comments!
- 6 whole fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves , chiffonade (cut into thin ribbons)
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounces sparkling water or club soda , lime flavored or plain
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place raspberries and basil in cocktail shaker and lightly muddle together. Add gin, sparkling water or club soda, fresh lime juice, and ice to shaker and shake for 3 seconds.
- Pour mixed drink in a glass. Garnish with additional limes slices and fresh basil leaves.
- Can strain drink into glass with ice to remove raspberry seeds and basil, if desired.