This Greek Spicy Feta Dip is perfect for easy holiday entertaining. Made with salty, creamy feta cheese and spicy peppers, it’s a tasty addition to any cheese board.
A spicy version of tyrosalata: the Greek whipped feta dip
Tis’ the season to party y’all!! Stella Cheeses and I are collaborating together to show just how simple entertaining can be this holiday season with an easy whipped feta cheese dip.
Tirokafteri is a spicy version of the classic Greek feta cheese dip, tyrosalata. Adding chopped spicy red peppers makes it so flavorful, without being overpowering. I serve this dip quite often as an appetizer when we entertain. Feta cheese is a cheese I always have on hand and it takes less than 10 minutes to whip this up.
Plus, the leftovers make an awesome sandwich spread (helllloooo leftover-Thanksgiving-turkey-grilled-sandwich-with-a-thick-smear-of-spicy-feta-dip!). The dip also makes a delicious compliment to a cheese board. Everyone knows, a cheese board is the epitome of effortless entertaining.
I adore a beautiful cheese board and have always thought of one as if it were Brad Pitt: attractive, elegant, super easy, and most people are pretty darn happy to see it. Well, except maybe vegans. Although I don’t think vegans necessarily have a problem with Brad Pitt.
Whenever I make a cheese board, I love to add a couple of my own special personal touches, like adding a homemade cheese dip and using bread slices instead of store bought boxed crackers. Just pick up a good quality french bread baguette from a local bakery, cut it into 1/2 inch slices, and use the slices as-is or lightly toast them. It’s a delightful change from the typical crackers.
How to Make An Easy Cheese Board
- Start by adding a variety of your favorite Stella Cheeses on a pretty serving surface. Stella has been producing quality cheeses since 1923, so no matter which type you choose, it’s gonna be tasty! I used fontinella, gorgonzola, and, feta.
- Fill in all the spaces around the cheeses with an assortment of dried fruit, fresh fruit, little bowls of olives and nuts, the fresh bread slices, and the spicy feta dip.
Now set this baby on the table, then stand back and watch people gush over you and this delicious dip on this amazingly cheeseboard!
If you’ve got some extra feta cheese laying around and need a few more appetizer recipes, try these:
- easy mini spanakopita
- leek focaccia with feta and toasted pine nuts
- easy roasted beets with feta cheese and basil
So get cheesy with it and plan a holiday party featuring this Greek Spicy Feta Dip and please let me know in the comments how you made your cheese board!
This Spicy Feta Dip is perfect for easy holiday entertaining. Made with salty, creamy feta cheese and spicy peppers, it's a tasty addition to any cheese board.
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (Stella brand is preferred)
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil, plus a little extra for drizzling on top
- 2 teaspoons spicy peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a small food processor, combine all ingredients and process until smooth. Add more olive oil, a little at a time, as needed to produce a smooth and creamy textured dip.
- Serve immediately or place covered in the refrigerator for at least one hour to allow flavors to develop. Can be topped with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of fresh or dried oregano.
Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.