Got Girl Scout cookies? Make this Thin Mints White Chocolate Biscotti recipe! It’s a classic, crunchy biscotti with lots of white chocolate chips and Thin Mints cookies!
What’s better than a cookie? A cookie baked inside of a cookie! This Thin Mints white chocolate biscotti recipe came about last week when I participated in the first-ever National Girl Scout Cookie Recipe Contest.
I’m always so excited when it’s Girl Scout cookie time and all the cookie boxes start lining up on tables outside of stores. Each year, I try, but cannot walk by without grabbing a couple (or 5) boxes of Thin Mints. They are my favorite AND…tip of the day right here!…they freeze really well. There’s nothing better in the world to bring out a box of GS cookies later in the year.
What is biscotti?
In North America, biscotti is referred to as any type of twice-baked Italian cookie. Typically it’s made with almonds and without any fat. No fat produces a hard cookie that stands up to being dunked in any type of beverage. I like using butter or oil in all my biscotti recipes to add flavor and it still results in a dunk-able cookie
The BEST cookie recipe…
uses lots of chocolate! I’m not shy with chocolate on this blog. These dark chocolate ginger biscotti are a family favorite around the holidays and I have a friend who makes my chocolate pudding at least twice a month. For this recipe, I knew I would be playing off the chocolate in the cookies. I used my standard recipe for double chocolate biscotti, left out the semi-chocolate chips, and added crushed up Thin Mints. Then I dipped an end of each baked biscotti in melted white chocolate and rolled it in even more crushed THIN MINTS!!! I figured, if this was going to be a true cookie within a cookie, I had to go for the gold.
By the way, I would like to point out that I only bought two boxes of thin mints this year and had absolutely nothing to do with the cookie shortage that plagued certain parts of the country. #Ididntdoit
Try this Thin Mints White Chocolate Biscotti recipe for a different way to enjoy that box of Girl Scout cookies. Please let me know in the comments how you liked the recipe and happy baking!
Thin Mints White Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
- 1 box of Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter , softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs , at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour , plus a little extra for shaping loaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white chocolate , melted
- Preheat oven to 350F/176C degrees.
- Place all Thin Mints in a plastic bag, place bag between a kitchen towel, and coarsely crush cookies using the flat bottom of a pan or a rolling pin. Divide the crushed cookies in half and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together butter and sugar, by hand or with a mixer. Gradually add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla extract and white chocolate chips. Mix well.
- In another large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, mixing well, until dough is slightly stiff but still soft. Gently mix in one half of the reserved crushed Thin Mints into the dough.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and form into two small rectangular loaves. Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300F/148C degrees. Remove biscotti loaves from pan and cut into 1/2-3/4" slices on the diagonal with a sharp knife and place slices on baking sheet. Bake for additional 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer biscotti to wire rack and let cool completely. Dip one end of each slice into the melted white chocolate and roll in the remaining crushed Thin Mints. Place back on the wire rack to dry.
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Store in an airtight container 4-6 weeks (if they last that long!)