Spicy Pesto Margherita Yakisoba Noodle Salad
Is your garden overflowing with this summer's fresh tomatoes and basil? Then make this delicious, yet easy vegetarian recipe for a Spicy Pesto Margherita Yakisoba Noodle Salad. Homemade pesto recipe is included!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 26 minutes
Servings 2 servings
- 7.7 ounces Fortune Hot & Spicy Yakisoba Noodles
- 2/3 cup fresh ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoon good quality olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil
- 1 small fresh garlic clove, peeled and finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2" cubes
Open the Fortune Hot & Spicy Yakisoba Noodle package and set aside the fresh noodles for later use. In a medium bowl, add the contains of the spice packet, tomatoes, and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Mix well, then cover the mixture and set aside.
***Can use store bought pesto or use the homemade version below:
To make the pesto (makes 1/3 cup):
Put the basil leaves, garlic, and pine nuts in the bowl of an immersion hand blender or a small countertop food processor/chopper and process until all ingredients are roughly chopped. Add the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, grated Parm or Pecorino cheese, and lemon juice. Process until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Prepare the noodles by lightly puncturing the package and placing in a microwave on high for 1 minute (alternatively can run sealed package of noodles under warm running water until noodles loosen up).
Place prepared noodles in a large bowl, add 1/4 cup of pesto, and mix well. Add the tomato mixture and the mozzarella cheese cubes and lightly mix together. Cover mixture and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- To store leftover pesto: cover top of pesto with a thin layer of olive oil and store in a covered airtight container for up to 1 week.
Calories: 451kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1235IU | Vitamin C: 10.4mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 1.4mg