A delicious recipe for healthy popsicles made with only 4 ingredients! These all natural Coconut + Caramelized Pineapple Popsicles are dairy free, gluten free, and vegan!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year… POPSICLE WEEK!!!
Last year for Popsicle Week 2016, I was all about booze and chocolate with these Nutella Espresso Rum Popsicles. This year, I’m all about healthy and family friendly because, as I realized the other day, most of my treat recipes have booze in them and the kiddos don’t seem to like that for some reason.
Well kiddos (and adults too!), here are some popsicles just for you. And they taste so yummy, you won’t even know they are healthy.
A recipe for healthy popsicles to enjoy all
summer year long
Coconut + Caramelized Pineapple Healthy Popsicles are an all-natural frozen sweet treat the whole family will love. Not only are they kid-friendly but they are also vegan, gluten free, and dairy free, so there’s really no excuse as to why you shouldn’t be making these pops every day this summer or throughout the entire year…heeheehee
How to make healthy popsicles
So quick and easy, you can practically make them in your sleep:
- Put some fresh diced pineapple and sugar in a pan to caramelize for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cooled caramelized pineapple in a blender with a can each of coconut cream and coconut milk and a little vanilla, then take it for a whirl in a blender.
- Pour blended coconut and pineapple mixture into a popsicle mold and freeze for a few hours. I use this Norpro Frozen Ice Pop Maker and it’s hands down the BEST ice pop mold I’ve ever used!
- DONE!!! Now you have a bunch of healthy popsicles to enjoy!
Watch how to make these coconut + caramelized pineapple healthy popsicles in the video below:
I LOVED making this Coconut + Caramelized Pineapple Healthy Popsicles recipe and participating in yet another Popsicle Week. Also, a huge THANKS to Billy at Wit & Vinegar for coordinating this yearly event and to all the Bloggers who have brought us all those delicious recipes. Together, with our popsicles, we’ve made this world a better place 😃
- 1½ cup fresh ripe pineapple, diced
- 3 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can organic coconut cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can organic coconut milk, full or low fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large pan, combine the pineapple and the demerara sugar and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until pineapple lightly browns and sugar caramelizes (about 10 minutes). Remove pan from the heat and allow mixture to cool.
- In the meantime, combine the coconut milk, coconut cream and vanilla in a blender and process on high for a few minutes to fully incorporate and break up the coconut fat solids. Add the cooled pineapple to the coconut mixture and pulse a few times to incorporate but keep some pieces of pineapple intact for a chunky fruit popsicle or blend thoroughly on high for a smoother consistently.
- Pour the blended mixture into the popsicle mold, cover with the top, and add the popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm for about 4-6 hours. To remove from the molds, run warm/hot water over the molds to help loosen.
- Enjoy immediately or store leftovers covered in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.