Need a change from the usual salad dressings? It only takes 5 minutes and a handful of ingredients to make this homemade tangy, salty Creamy Feta Dressing.
Learn how to make a creamy feta salad dressing recipe
This salad dressing is a little tangy, a little salty, and a whole lot of addicting. It can be used on salads, as a dip, or even as a replacement for mayonnaise in sides like cole slaw or to top a lamb burger. YUM!
I made this dressing on the fly a couple of days ago. I wanted to have a big garden salad with our garlic herb mediterranean chicken and lemon potatoes dinner and decided to just lightly dress the greens in a red wine and olive oil mixture. Then my mind wandered to feta cheese and the thought of how delicious a creamy dressing would be over some nice, cold, crisp lettuce.
Since I’ve never made or even had creamy feta salad dressing, I looked to my I-make-all-the-time blue cheese dressing recipe and made a similar base, but substituted plain yogurt for the mayonnaise. It literally took me 5 minutes to make and might be my favorite dressing yet (sorry blue cheese).
Enjoy this Creamy Feta Dressing recipe for your next salad or veggies or burger or anything!
Creamy Feta Dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, yogurt, red wine vinegar, and all seasonings. Mix well. Add crumbled feta cheese and mix until thoroughly combined.
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Store dressing leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days