Got an Instant Pot? Then all you need is some beef, a little salsa, and an extreme hankering for tacos to make this Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos recipe. A perfectly delicious, quick and easy dinner for Taco Tuesday, Cinco de Mayo, or any day of the week!
One of the easiest instant pot recipes EVER!
It’s crunch time folks! Only 3 more Taco Tuesdays until Cinco de Mayo. No worries, I’ve got you covered this week with a super easy, healthy and downright yummy Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe.
Tacos are my favorite food group (especially beef tacos), so there’s not a week that goes by where I don’t eat a big plate of them. Every. Single. Week.
I’m seriously dedicated to my craft (of eating tacos) and damn good at it too! Plus, I’m constantly thinking of new weekly recipes and, since I love my Instant Pot just as much as I love tacos, last week I combined the two and came up with the EASIEST recipe in the whole universe!
Remember when I got an Instant Pot as an early Christmas present? Since then I’ve made numerous healthy pressure cooker recipes in my Pot and everything has turned out amazingly well. Okay, except for that one time where it didn’t turn out quite right, BUT one little tweak later, and all was fine.
What makes this the BEST taco recipe?
- It’s really hard to screw it up. There are literally only 2 ingredients that go into the pot (and a tiny bit of oil for browning the beef).
- The Instant Pot does all the cooking. Easy peasy meal!
- It’s an easy, fast, healthy dinner recipe that’s perfect for any day or time of the week.
I used Trader Joe’s Harissa Salsa in this recipe and it made a killer shredded beef taco. The flavors of roasted red bell peppers and spicy peppers matched up well with the beef…
…and I made it low carb, Paleo, Whole30, and gluten free by using Bibb lettuce as the taco “shells”. Honesty, I didn’t even miss the tortillas.
Did you like this Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos recipe? Please let me know what you think of it in the comments below!
Two Ingredient Instant Pot Shredded Beef Tacos
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast or stew meat , cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup salsa , homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 to 2 heads of lettuce , leaves separated, washed, and dried
additional accompaniments: shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh avocado slices, guacamole,
- and pico de gallo
- Place tablespoon of oil in the Instant Pot, turn on saute (high), and brown the beef cubes on all sides. Stir in the salsa. Cover and lock lid in place, then select the "stew meat" programmed button (or manually 35 minutes on high pressure).
- When it's finished cooking, wait 10 minutes for Instant Pot to cool down or release pressure manually by taking a hand towel and carefully opening the steam value on the lid. It is safe to open once all steam has been released.
- Stir the beef mixture. If there is extra liquid, can turn on the sauté (high heat) button and continue stirring mixture until liquid has evaporated. Place beef in lettuce leaves or tortillas and serve immediately with additional accompaniments and pico de gallo.
Recipe Notes & Tips: